I’ve been an a oldie binge lately and I have no idea why. I started listening to old music from the early 2000’s and watching old Disney movies in my free time. I don’t know exactly what is happening, but I’ve rummaged though all of our old CD’s looking for She’s the Man and The Lizzie McGuire Movie. So far no luck, but I’m going to keep searching (or go to the library).
Here is some of my favorite songs from the early 2000’s that I just can’t get enough of.
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” by Wham!
- “Bye Bye Bye” by N’sync
- “Bad Day” by Daniel Powter
- “How You Remind Me” by Nickelback
- “Everytime We Touch” by Cascada
- “American Idiot” by Green Day
- “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani
- “Soak Up The Sun” by Sheryl Crow
- “Complicated” by Avril Lavigne
- “Beautiful Soul” by Jesse McCartney
- “Crush” by David Archuleta *I used to remember every word to this song, seeing him on iCarly, and him winning American Idol*
Also, when I was little (can’t believe I’m saying this) I vividly remember walking to the end of my driveway with my best friend and screaming, “I LOVE YOU JESSE McCARTNEY!!!!” So, shoutout to our neighbors for not calling the cops on us for being stupid. Good times.
And here’s my favorite movies from when I was young. Now before I go further, I know one of my family members is going to say how these songs/movies aren’t old or that these songs and movies weren’t in my era to remember (something along those lines). So, Mary I’m calling you out before you say anything. Just wanted to address that first.
- The Lizzie McGuire Movie
- She’s the Man
- Highschool Musical 1, 2, & 3
- Passport to Paris, Our Lips are Sealed, Holiday in the Sun, When in Rome, Winning London, Billboard Dads
- Princess Diaries 1 & 2
- Cheetah Girls *first concert I went to… I know it’s a lot to take in because WHY?!?!*
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Eloise at the Plaza